- J. Crew Double Crystal Brûlée Necklace
- Roberto Cavalli Dress
- Goldsmiths Earrings
- Sergio Rossi Raffaele Heels
- Chanel Vintage Quilted Chain Bag
I was involved in a Twitter conversation last week and people were on the fence about wearing a statement necklace with print. This is a trend I can definitely support - it's fun, interesting and when done right, really pulls a look together! Here are my tips for how to wear the look:
- Choose a print that's evenly distributed, regardless of size. Animal prints are perfect for this look. Florals work too, but avoid floral prints in which some flowers are bigger than others.
- To keep things easy, choose a solid hued statement necklace so it really pops. It's best to either pick a shade that's completely contrasting, i.e. red on leopard or find a non-dominant colour in the print that you can bring out with the necklace.
- The more subdued the print, the more outlandish the necklace can be. Traditional leopard is a good example of this; with all the colours in the print being neutral, you can feel free to add a big, bright bauble!
- Balance out the statement necklace with minimal other accessories and avoid big earrings with a big necklace - it's too much.
- Pull the look together by adding the same colour somewhere else in the look, perhaps with shoes, a bangle or a bag.
Would you rock a statement necklace with a fun print frock?