I am a real movie junkie! I love everything about going to the cinema from the previews to the popcorn and I try to go as often as I can... For me it's a guilty pleasure and the perfect night out. There are some films on the pipeline for the rest of this year that I'm particularly looking forward to! One film that's not on this list because it seems a bit too obvious is Breaking Dawn 2 - either you're a Twihard or you're not... I happen to be one, but I realize not everyone is taken by teenage vampire love stories. These are my picks for the top 10 films to look forward to for the rest of this year in the order they're coming out!
1. There is little more intriguing to me than a film about a hot billionaire (played by Robert Patinson - swoon!) and a cast of crazy characters in Manhattan! Cosmopolis looks like a fabulous, thought-provoking film and with Juliet Binoche in the cast, I'm sold.
2. Emma Watson with short hair in a college coming-of-age story conjures up vintage visions of Molly Ringwald! I'm looking forward to seeing whether The Perks of Being a Wallflower will live up to it's hype and become the next youth-infused cult classic along the lines of The Rules of Attraction, The Breakfast Club and 10 Things I Hate About You.
3. Normally the poster image and the "Get pitch slapped" slogan for Pitch Perfect would send me running in the opposite direction, but if Elizabeth Banks and Anna Kendrick are on the cast list, I'm on board.
4. Lately I have a crush on Zac Efron... Can't explain, but he's HAWT! The Paperboy is the story of a reporter who returns home to Florida to investigate a death row case. Also starting are Matthew McConaughey and Nicole Kidman.
6. The Big Wedding looks hilarious along the lines of It's Complicated and Meet the parents. The cast is amazing, the story centers around a wedding and it just looks like good fun!
7. Anna Karenina is a timeless classic and after seeing the trailer for this film version, I can say with all certainty it is going to be a beautiful film. Can't wait!
8. Hyde Park on Hudson is a film about FDR's affair with his distant cousin during a visit from the King & Queen of England to the US. No further explanation necessary.
9. Les Miserables is a beautiful musical. The cast of the new film version includes Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Russell Crowe and Amanda Seyfried... Seems promising.
10. Though I've already decided I'm not the biggest fan of Carey Mulligan's hairstyle in The Great Gatsby trailers, I'm very much looking forward to Baz Luhrmann's take on my favorite novel. This film promises to deliver and it's going to be hard to wait until December to see it!
UPDATE: Many thanks to Katherine at Bees and Bows for calling to my attention that The Great Gatsby has been pushed back to a 2013 release - no bother... I'm even more excited now! Thanks Kat! x
What upcoming films are you most looking forward to?