After living in England for over 4 years where there's little warmth and not too much sun to speak of, I'm pale… I mean, seriously, vampire afraid of the sun pale. Glowing skin is more important to me than ever without the tan I had for so much of my life, especially during winter when my skin is dry, tired and dull. I've come to appreciate a routine for gettin my glow on - it's tried, true and tested, so here it is… Because sharing is caring!
I recently discovered Nourish Golden Glow Illuminating Face Shimmer and it's the newest addition to my glow routine. You can use Nourish on its own, before foundation or as I prefer, mixed together with foundation or tinted moisturizer. Besides the instant dazzling dewy skin, what I love about Nourish Golden Glow is that it gives the tinted moisturizer I use a bit of stodge, acting as a kind of primer or glue to keep my make-up in place while boosting the glow factor at the same time. I've singled out this particular product because when there's only 5 minutes to spare, it's the one I grab… If I'm enjoying a bit of off-duty downtime, I put on a bit of Nourish with my regular moisturizer for a bit of glow & go. It's also worth noting that the entire range of Nourish products are Vegan.
When I have more time or a full face is necessary, this is my routine. It's fairly simple and works well, whether my look is dramatic (think red lips or smokey eyes) or a simple, dewy, barely-there look. Regardless of the beauty look I'm going for, I almost always start with this and apply eyeshadow, blush, mascara and lipstick that suits my mood for the day. It always works!
1. NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer is all I've used for the past 2 years or so in the way of foundation. I can't say enough about it - it's an amazing product that leaves my skin well covered, but not cakey and nicely dewy. I pretty much gave up heavy foundation which is a bit too high maintenance after coming across this miracle product. When necessary, I use YSL Touche Eclat (not pictured above) as a concealer under eyes and anywhere it's needed.
2. I mix Nourish Golden Glow Illuminating Face Shimmer (℅ Nourish) with the NARS tinted moisturizer and apply evenly all over my face, making sure to smooth where necessary around the eyes, nose and mouth.
3. Next I sweep NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder all over my face. I've had trouble with powders dulling my glow in the past, but this is honestly the best powder ever and should you be posing for any photographs (I'm talking to you brides-to-be) it's a great option!
4. To keep from looking like Casper the Friendly Ghost, I use Benefit Hoola with a very light dusting across cheeks, forehead, chin, temples and the bridge of my nose. I can't stress LIGHT enough… A little bronzer goes a long way and there's a fine line between sun kissed glow and Oompa Loompa.
5. Finally, for that extra bit of glow, I use Make-up Revolution Highlighter in Peach Lights (℅ Superdrug) which is perfect for softening the whole look. I also use this product rather sparingly - too much and it's a little too disco for my taste. It's worth noting that this fabulous highlighter is only £3 at Superdrug. Don't you just love a good bargain?
How do you get your glow on when the sun takes a holiday?