This recipe needs no introduction really… If you're a fan of roast lemon and potatoes, it's a total winner that's an easy way to spruce up a normally boring dinner. This dish packs a punch of extreme flavors of lemon, chili and Thyme, all of which compliment roast chicken beautifully. These are great alongside a simply prepared steak as well!
500g new potatoes
4 sprigs of Thyme, plus more for garnishing
1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
Regular olive oil (not extra virgin)
Sea salt flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C and grease the bottom of a shallow roasting tin with a little olive oil.
2. Halve the mini new potatoes and scatter them into the tin.
3. Strip the leaves off 4 sprigs of Thyme and sprinkle them over the potatoes along with the dried chili flakes.
4. Zest the lemon over the potatoes, then slice it thinly and scatter the slices over the potatoes.
5. Sprinkle the whole lot with a little sea salt and a few grinds of black pepper, then drizzle all over with olive oil.
6. Bake for 1 hour or until cooked through and golden crispy on the outside. Remove from the oven, stir and serve hot, garnished with a few unused sprigs of Thyme.