- A raincoat or mac as they're commonly called here in London is essential. While I love the traditional khaki trench, I find that a dark raincoat is better for avoiding the drowned rat look. Currently, I'm loving the Massa Navy Pea Coat by T.M. Lewin.
- When it's really coming down, there's no point in pretending that it's a good idea to pull out your iPhone to tell time, so a waterproof watch is key. The Shore Projects Abersoch watch in gold is stylish, classic and waterproof up to 100 meters.
- A brolly is an absolutely must, whether you're living in London, Miami, Seattle or anywhere else that gets rain from time to time. The ShedRain for J. Crew Umbrella is just the thing for keeping dry.
- There are few things more classic than a pair of Hunter Wellies and though I wouldn't suggest substituting them for your high heels on rainy days, they're great for keeping your feet dry when you're off-duty and look great on the weekends with a pair of skinny jeans tucked in. Right now the Navy Hunter Original Tour Gloss Wellies are on my radar.
- Finally, a bag is something we all need everyday and nobody likes a bag that's full of wet stuff. With computers, iPad's and phones, water resistance is key. I find that the Longchamp Le Pliage bags are perfect for keeping things dry and they're cute too. With so many color combos available, there's plenty of choice. I carry one of these bags almost daily and these bags also fold up nice and small, so they're great for putting in your suitcase when you travel.
What are your rainy day essentials? Do you have any great tips for keeping dry?