What do you do when you have leftover chorizo & manchego cheese sitting in your fridge after a night of tapas and wine? I say make a frittata! I love the kick this recipe gets from the chorizo and the cheese tastes great with eggs… It's win-win and completely delicious for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or even a midnight snack!
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
2 tablespoons regular olive oil
150g shredded manchego cheese
120g diced cooking chorizo
A few grinds fresh black pepper
1. Preheat the grill (or broiler) on high.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, salt and a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
3. In a skillet that can be used both stovetop and in the oven, heat the oil on medium-low heat. Add the chorizo and cook until it starts to ooze its orange oil and crisp up a bit.
4. When the chorizo is ready, pour in the egg mixture. As it starts to sett on the bottom, slide a rubber spatula around the edge of the pan to allow some of the egg mixture to go to the bottom around the sides.
5. When the eggs are nearly set, but still wet on top, sprinkle all of the manchego cheese on top and transfer the pan to the oven for 2 minutes or so until it's just set on top and the cheese has all melted.
6. To serve, run a rubber spatula around the sides and underneath to loosen the frittata and slide it out onto a serving plate. Slice like a pie into triangular servings and serve warm.