|Strawberry Spirit Drink ℅ Parrot Bay|
This recipe for Strawberry Rum Punch is perfect for parties and though it's quite a summery drink, I wouldn't turn my nose up to it for parties during the cooler months. In fact, I'd love this at a Christmas party. The fresh fruit in the glass gives off a sense of occasion and punch is good for a party any ole time in my humble opinion.
Making this recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3, but you will need a rather large receptacle to mix it in. I have a large crockpot with a removable dish so I use that and it works perfectly. A large punch bowl should work well too. If you don't have something large that you can mix this up in, it might be worth trying to reduce the quantities.
Serves 15 to 20…
200g caster sugar
350ml spiced dark rum
1 litre apple juice
500ml freshly squeezed orange juice
Juice of 8 limes
3-4 quick dashes of Angostura Bitters
Ice to serve
Cut fresh fruit to serve (optional)
1. To begin, make a simple syrup by adding the caster sugar and water to a small saucepan on medium heat, stirring and cooking until the sugar is completely dissolved. Pour the syrup into a small bowl and set aside to cool a bit.
2. Mix all the other ingredients in a very large bowl or pot and stir gently with a wire whisk to combine.
3. Grate in a generous amount of nutmeg and stir again.
4. Slice up some fresh fruit for serving if you're using it such as oranges, lemons, limes and strawberries.
5. When the syrup is cool enough, gently whisk it into the punch mixture. Serve poured into glasses packed with ice and sliced fruit.