1. Whether you're heading back to school, hitting the dating scene, starting a new job or snuggling up to your husband of 10 years, fresh breath is a great way to make a good first (or millionth) impression. I'm currently using The Breath Co. Fresh Breath Toothpaste in Wild Mint. It doesn't feel like typical toothpastes in your mouth as it doesn't foam up as much, but it freshens breath instantly. I drink a lot of coffee and I find this stuff knocks the caffeine breath out of my mouth in the short amount of time it takes to brush my teeth. For anyone who's interested, this product also aims to control dry mouth symptoms, help maintain gum health, it's recommended for canker sores and it's approved for use by diabetics. The bonus is that it's also vegetarian, vegan, kosher and gluten-free... It's a must-have for date nights, first days and all the important moments in life when bad breath just isn't an option! The Fresh Breath Co. Toothpaste is £9 and available online via Boots.
2. I realize I'm a bit late to the game, but I finally broke down a few months ago and bought the famed Urban Decay Naked Palette since I've heard so much about it. I now feel like an idiot for not buying one years ago... It's the best eyeshadow palette I've used in a decade - it's my favorite. There's not much more to say... It's amazing and I use it almost every day because the neutral colors are perfect for matching with my red lipstick addiction. The shadows are soft, highly pigmented and glide on easily, yet last all day. Urban Decay has nailed it and I can't wait to try some of their newer palettes in the future! At £38.50, this is not really a budget beauty buy, but given that it comes with an actual, highly functional brush rather than those silly little sponge things that come in most palettes and has 12 colors inside, it's totally worth it. It's also velvet... Swoon!
3. I bought a Tangle Teezer years ago, so I'm no stranger to the magic of these handy little hair tools, however this one is a little bit special... Fashion meets beauty in this Limited Edition Compact Styler Designed by Lulu Guinness and not only is it super cute, but it's also helped me to see the error of my ways... Of course I needed The Original for my home which I've had for ages, but the Compact Styler is an absolute must for my handbag or for traveling. It's a bit smaller and has a cover that keeps you from getting it clogged with gum wrappers and all kinds of stuff in the bottom of your bag. Absolutely genius! But seriously, who wouldn't want a Lulu Guinness designed Tangle Teezer? So fab for Fashion Week too! The Limited Edition Compact Styler Designed by Lulu Guinness is £13.50 and available online via Tangle Teezer.
4. I've known for quite some time that I need to be more diligent in my use of heat protection sprays because I heat style my hair a lot. Between blow drying, curling and straightening, I definitely put my hair through its paces. That said, I've used heat protection sprays in the past and have been less than overwhelmed when they seemed to change the texture of my hair or interfere with the other products I was using. I recently decided to get back into the swing of it with REF.230 Heat Protection Spray after falling in love with the REF Moisture Treatment Mask and it's fabulous. It smells amazing & clean with a scent that's reminiscent of grapefruit, doesn't interfere with other products that I normally use and most importantly, it doesn't make my hair feel funky or unmanageable. Ref.230 Heat Protection Spray is £10.95 and available online at The Grooming Clinic.
5. I don't do a huge amount with my brows to be honest... They're blonde for one, so hardly anyone notices them anyway, but also, I'm just not a fan of myself with too much in the way of brow enhancements. I've tinted before and besides making some of my eyebrows fall out, it simply made me feel like I looked freakish, no matter how light the tint. That said, I do like my brows to be tidy. I get threading every now and then and I use a brow brush every single day. I recently picked up Benefit Ready, Set, Brow and I absolutely love it! It's a colorless gel, so it doesn't darken and the brush is like a comb that applies the product perfectly while tidying my brows perfectly. The product also locks brows in place, so they don't move around or get all goofy looking during the day. It's like hairspray for your brows and it's genius! Benefit Ready, Set, Brow is £18.50 - click here to get yours. You're welcome...
6. It's a rare occasion that you'll find a product for men on Pink Julep... It's just not really what we do here, but this product is different. Lock Stock & Barrel Volumatte Hair Powder is meant for the fellas, but it's great for the ladies! Don't mistake this for dry shampoo because that's not what this is... However, it gives you a bit of volume, soaks up oil at the roots and gives hair a rather interesting texture that's fun to work with. I particularly love this for doing messy updos and what I love about it is that it liquifies to the touch, so you won't have that nasty white powdery residue in your hair. Whether you buy this for yourself or stash this at your fella's house letting him think it's for him, but knowing it's really for you the morning after is your decision... Either way, this is a unique product that won't necessarily replace anything you're currently using, but you probably won't be able to live without once you've tried it! Lock Stock & Barrel Volumatte Hair Powder is £9.95 and available online via Mankind.
7. A tiny mascara can be a lifesaver... You never know when you might need it and when it comes to traveling, the smaller your products, the better! I have recently been using ModelCo Power Lash Mascara which is available in a mini size. Wonderfully easy-to-use, Power Lash has a wand that really grabs the lashes and reaches even the tiniest ones. What I really love about this mascara is that it gives me good lash without clumping and it feels super light. It's a nice departure from heavier mascaras on days when you don't want to feel like you're wearing too much make-up or don't want to spend ages taking it off. ModelCo Mini Power Lash Black Mascara is £9 and available online via ModelCo.
8. I've read so many articles recently about colored eyeliner... It seems to be very on-trend for Autumn and while I love to experiment with make-up, on a day-to-day basis, I can't see myself reaching for the turquoise or lime green eyeliner too often. Not because of how it looks, but mostly because it's simply not practical in my routine. That said, a smokey purple is right up my alley and the perfect color for Fall. The Artistry Signature Color Longwearing Eye Pencil in Plumberry is the perfect compromise on wearing colored eyeliner without shaking up my routine too much and fondly enough, it pairs perfectly with so many shades in the Urban Decay Naked Palette (#2 above). This lovely eyeliner is soft, easy to apply, has a great smudging sponge on the end and lasts beautifully all day. The Artistry Signature Color Longwearing Eye Pencil in Plumberry is £17.55 and it's available online from Amway.