"I can resist anything except temptation." - Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan
• 10 Things Rich People Do Differently - The Zoe Report
• 7 Ways to Fake More Space at Home - Refinery29
• Secret Ways to Make Your Winter Clothes Look More Expensive - Who What Wear
• Hillary Clinton is Holding Her Election Night Party in a Building With a Literal Glass Ceiling - The Cut
ON PINK JULEP:
• It's Halloween weekend, so indulge in a little Rocky Horror Picture Show screening. Be sure to get off the couch and dance along to Time Warp for the full experience! Click here to get Rocky Horror Picture Show from iTunes.
• Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life is coming soon to Netflix... In the meantime, whether you've seen it or not, there's nothing to get you in the Autumn mood like binge watching this iconic mother/daughter show from start to finish... Grab the poptarts, the boxed macaroni & cheese and copious amounts of coffee. You can watch the entire original series on Netflix.
And just in case a binge watching session doesn't properly get you in the mood for Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, I found this GG Playlist made by the folks at Warner Brothers...
• Still no plans for Halloween? No problem. Crystal Head Vodka and Rumpus Room at Mondrian London have teamed up to put on what's sure the be the most fabulous Halloween party of the year! Leave your inhibitions at the door and go under the big top for a night of Twisted Circus! Tickets start at £65 - click here to get yours.
• Opening on 3rd November, Proud Camden is hosting 40 Years of Punk: Photographs by Adrian Boot, which celebrates the legacy and on-going influence of London's iconic Punk scene. The exhibition runs from 3rd November 2016 to 8th January 2017. Click here for more information.
|image c/o Island Grill|
• If you're looking for a place to celebrate Thanksgiving, Island Grill is ready to host you! For one day only, on Thursday 24 November 2016, you can get a Thanksgiving feast by way of a set lunch menu featuring many traditional American-inspired dishes including ppiced pumpkin soup, roast turkey roulade with maple roasted carrots, parsnips, duck fat roasties and a cranberry jus. Pecan pie with salted caramel ice cream for dessert provides the sweetest finish to the celebratory feast. This opportunity to celebrate Thanksgiving is priced at £15.50 for two courses or £18.50 for three courses and guests will be able to mix and match Thanksgiving options with the evening à la carte menu as each dish will also be available as specials of the day for dinner. American aperitifs created especially for the day will be on offer including the Manhattan and the Grasshopper. Island grill is located at Lancaster Terrace, London W2 2TY. For reservations, call 020 7551 6070 or visit islandrestaurant.co.uk.
• For a satisfying dinner or a wonderful alternative to traditional Sunday roast, try out my recipe for Dijon Roasted Cod, Chorizo & Potatoes. It's the perfect cold weather comfort food and goes perfectly with some fresh bread from your local bakery. Yum!