"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche
• 11 "Dated" Decor Trends That Deserve to Make a Comeback - Country Living
• 9 Creative Hacks for Racking Up Airline Miles - The Zoe Report
ON PINK JULEP:
• Enjoy a night in with all the comforts of home! Check out Movie Night No. 1 - You've Got Mail and take advantage of my suggestions for how to make an event out of renting a classic film! With food & drink recommendations, a playlist and more, it's more than just a film review and renting a flick is more than just something to do when you don't have plans. Keep an eye out for a new Movie Night post every Thursday!
• The Crown, a new Netflix Original Series about Queen Elizabeth II during her younger years is now available on Netflix here in the UK... Just another reason to stay in from the cold and snuggle up with a cozy blanket and some comfort food!
• I went to see Brandi Carlisle's concert this week and she was fabulous! I'm really loving her most recent album The Firewatcher's Daughter right now... If you haven't heard it yet, it's well worth a listen and a healthy mix of upbeat and mellow for a suitable November mood.
• Don't miss the November Playlist here on Pink Julep - this month's musical mood is very cheesy and nostalgic, perfect for the more mellow feeling that Autumn brings.
• Check out the Hair by Sam McKnight exhibition at Somerset House. Known for helping to create some of the most memorable images in history including Princess Diana's sleek & chic short style and the album cover of Madonna's Bedtime Stories, this exhibition celebrates a fascinating career that spans from the 1970's to present. The exhibition runs until March 12th, 2017, but why wait? Click here for more information and to book your tickets.
• If you're cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year, you should already be planning a little bit and this weekend is the perfect time to get started. Set aside a couple of hours to get organized so you can enjoy the day as much as your guests without any stress or hiccups. This Martha Stewart Thanksgiving Checklist should get you on track for planning a feast that runs smoothly on the big day!
• Make a plan to attend The Art of Entertaining interactive workshop with Denby and John Lewis at Peter Jones, Sloane Square on Monday 14th November from 5pm to 7pm. Attendance is free, but you need to reserve your place by visiting www.denbyjohnlewis.eventbrite.co.uk.
• B&H Kitchen has a great selection of upcoming cookery courses covering everything from Christmas Chocolates & Christmas Baking to Game Butchery & Cooking or Fish Filleting & Cooking. If you're hosting Christmas Dinner for the first time or just want to brush up on your skills, they have a course for that too! They are currently booking places for courses from November to March, so now's the time to secure your place. For more information or to book tickets, visit bandhkitchen.com/courses.
• We are officially in November which means that Christmas is less than two months away. Get a jumpstart on your shopping with the Pink Julep Christmas Gift Guides! The first few have already landed and there are lots more coming... Click here to see all the Christmas Gift Guides you might have missed including Gifts for the Home, Gifts for Fashionistas and Gifts for Cocktail Enthusiasts.
• Popcorn enthusiasts will love Popcorn Shed, a handmade, small batch popcorn brand that's churning out everyone's favorite movie night snack in three delicious flavors including Salted Caramel, Rich Chocolate and Pecan Pie. Click here to find out how to get your hands on some Popcorn Shed for yourself!
Here are a few things featured on the Pink Julep this week that you might have missed... Click on the photos to shop directly. If you don't see anything you like here, don't forget to check back regularly on the Shop Page!