1. There's never a reason to wonder whether or not you've picked up the right tin of lip balm with a Personalised Vaseline Tin. It's super cute and makes a fun little gift, whether to yourself or someone else... The personalised tins are available £2.99 and there's a gift box option available for an additional £1. To get yours visit personalised-tin.vaseline.co.uk.
2. This time of year, I find a bottle of hand sanitiser invaluable. I'm outside more often, at picnics, BBQ's and on long walks and it's just great to be able to clean my hands when I'm on the go. I recently discovered Epoch Hand Purifier and I love it for so many reasons. Once absorbed, it smells lovely, doesn't dry out my hands like other hand purifiers do and it comes with a mini bottle so you can stash it in any two places you need. If you love hiking, camping or doing anything that requires you to be outdoors, this will be a lifesaver in your bag this summer!
3. I'm trying to grow out my hair right now and as usual, the longer it grows, the more lifeless it becomes. This time around, I'm not settling for that nonsense so I've been trying out some volumising products and I've found a shampoo & conditioner that help my hair reach new heights. TIGI S-Factor Stunning Volume Shampoo & Conditioner give me all the volume I crave without making my hair feel thick, tangly or unmanageable. They smell great too!
4. I don't generally have oily skin - in fact, mine is usually more on the dry side, but as summer approaches, this changes slightly for me with warmer temperatures. Whether my skin is a little oily or not, I've been using Benefit Cosmetics The PORE-fessional Matte Rescue and I love it. It absorbs any oils, yet doesn't leave my skin dry at all and gives my face a smooth finish. I'm not quite sure how I wore makeup before this product and there's no turning back now!
5. I wasn't really sure what the point was when I got the Rimmel Volume Shake Mascara, but after only a few uses, I figured it out... No more pumping or clumping, this lovely mascara just needs a little shake now and then before it's good to go and I find that I can apply layer after layer with no mess. I love this mascara and I'm sure I'll be using it time and again... It's so good!
6. Sometimes it's a bit of a hassle to wait for a mask to work its magic while you're in the shower before rinsing it off and that's one of the reasons why I love Alterna Caviar Moisture Intense Oil Crème Deep Conditioner. You put this on your hair for 5 to 15 minutes before you shampoo & condition, so you can totally do it before you even get in the shower... It works, it's lovely, it smells nice and it's convenient. With all the heat styling I do, this hair treatment is keeping my locks in silky smooth shape!
7. Acne isn't really a problem for me and it never has been. I get the odd spot now and then, but I don't really suffer breakouts that often. That said, it seems that most of the products for treating or preventing acne are geared towards teenagers and their very young skin. I was recently introduced to the Garnier PureActive Sensitive Anti-Blemish range of products and I love them. When I do have a breakout, I can use these products without drying out my face. I also love to use them when I know I'm indulging a bit in some greasy food, a few cheeky drinks or having some sugary chocolate treats because these little delights always trigger a breakout and using the PureActive products is helpful with prevention. It's such a relief to find a product range for breakouts that doesn't leave my skin all flaky and dry.
Check in again next month for some more fabulous products in the June Pink Julep Beauty Edit!